Practical arrangements for the children in Year One and Year Two who are currently attending school .
The children of Key Worker's and those identified as vulnerable are the only children in Year One and Two who are currently allowed to attend school. Updated information about when the vast majority children in these year groups can return to school will be contained on our wider reopening pages when it is available to us .
Please can you help us unsure that the correct provision is in place for your children by giving us prior notice of your shifts by phone or email.
You should only send your child if you have told us that you are going to do so. If you need to contact us when the school office is not available you can contact us via mobile phone - 07398 037 082
If your child is in Nursery and Reception please look at the Menu pages for your child's year group as they will now be in the class with the children from their own year group on the days they attend.
updated 10th June
The Government are giving the clear message that children must not attend school if they are showing symptoms of the coronavirus or have been in contact with anyone who is either displaying symptoms or has tested positive for coronavirus, (a new continuous cough, a high temperature, a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell).
We have a comprehensive risk assessment in place that all staff will follow to promote social distancing for the children within their groups, ensuring their safety is paramount, yet sustaining a nurturing environment. Children will be taught in groups of 15 and will stay together, with their allocated teacher and TA, throughout the school day.
Please can you follow the procedures we have put in place
- Each child should be brought to school by just one adult at the allocated, staggered drop off and collection times. Please try to stick to these times and do not wait within the school grounds
- If possible, please do not bring siblings who are not attending our school.
- Please keep your child with you at all times at the start and end of the school day
- We have put in place clear one way route through school for everyone arriving in the school grounds. This route starts at the main school gates for all parents except those with children in nursery who should enter via the car park gate and then enter the nursery play area.
- Staff will welcome your children into your identified classroom in the morning. We are sorry that things can not be as they normally are, but at the current time we are asking that parents do not enter the classrooms or the school office
- If you need to talk to your child’s teacher, please respect the chalked line social distancing measures, but information should preferably be relayed through email or telephone.
- If you require any other contact with school, please do this through a telephone call or email firstname.lastname@example.org 01752 812245
- All forms have been put on the school website for you to fill in electronically and email back to us.
Additionally, the government has said that ‘‘Parents must do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially outside of school. They must observe the same social distancing principles as adults, as far as possible”
Additional Personal Hygiene and Cleaning Measures
We have comprehensive hygiene and cleaning measures in place that all staff will follow.
Children will wash their hands on arrival at school and throughout the day, including before and after eating. There are extra cleaning measures within school of frequently touched surfaces.
We are asking parents to support our personal hygiene measures in the following way
- Please can children not bring any items in from home, including book bags, reading books, PE kits and water bottles (cups which will be cleaned after each use will be provided for children to use). We will be providing spare clothes for children if they are required so there is no need to bring them in for your child.
The Government have said that ‘there is no need for anything other than normal personal hygiene and washing of clothes following a day in an educational setting.‘
Other organisational matters
Please ensure we have correct contact details and that one contact is available at all times
Please can children wear a clean school uniform. This should include a named sunhat.
Please can you apply sun cream to children before they come to school each day.
Please ensure medicines are brought to school in a clear plastic bag with a clean spoon/dosing syringe. Medicine forms are available on the school website and should be returned to school by email.
Free School Meals
All children will receive a School Meal when they attend under the ‘Universal Infants Free School Meals Scheme’.
For practical, safeguarding and safety reasons it is very important that we know which children to expect in school each day. Please follow the usual procedures, and call the school office if your child is going to be absent.
Please can you inform us if anyone in your household is in the ‘extremely clinically vulnerable’ (shielding group).
Nurture and Support
For every child returning to school we will be ensuring that our environment is nurturing and that our provision recognises the very different experiences each child has had since the outbreak of the coronavirus. We are aware that some children and families may have suffered bereavement, hospitalisation or other trauma; to enable us to support these children more effectively, please can you call or email the school office with any information we need to know.