Supporting Forces Children
One lunchtime a week, usually Tuesdays, there is a forces group which we can choose to go to. We enjoy playing and working with other children who have parents in the Armed Forces.
In this group we have:
- talked about Remembering and Remembrance and written on poppy crosses for the Field of Remembrance at Royal Wootton Basset
- thought about what friends are
- taken part on challenges and played board games together
- made new friends
- thought about ways we communicate; including through poppies
- taken part in events with the MKC Heroes Standard
- talked places our parents have visited around the world.
- talked about the people our parents have met.
- thought about people who help us
She often comes out of school talking enthusiastically about Forces group….I feel the group has helped her feel she has a special identity and is part of a strong group and this has given her extra confidence. She has made friends with children that she may never have interacted with , children she has a lot in common with.