Home Learning - Flexible Ideas
The resources we have provided are based on the same ways of working that we use in school where we provide engaging, practical activities as part of their school life and we do not rely on worksheets .
We have provided weekly plans and videos that can be used by families to support learning in their homes. We know that many families are using them in a flexible way.
Our current planning is linked to the theme 'Around the World' and we have a new page where you can find resources linked to this.
You may want to come around the world with us by picking ideas from the teachers weekly planning sheets.
Ideas included are:
- Finding the place on a map, is it a country or a continent. If it is a country which continent is it part of?
- Using an online tool such as google maps or google earth with your children to visit landmarks with them.
- Tasting or making traditional food from the pleace
- Finding out about a famous person from the place, it could be a scientist, an artist , a composer or a hero!
- Finding out about some of the wildlife and habitats in the area
- Learning to say and write hello in the langauge of the country/ one of the countries in the area.
The countries we are planning to visit on our trip around the world are
- England ( London)
It is most important for children to continue their love of reading and to further develop this lifelong skill. Please continue to read with your child every day and ask them questions about the main characters and events.
Last updated 13th May 2020
|Reading with your Child||[pdf 2MB]|
|This is a resources from twinkl|
|Reading Prompts and Questions||[pdf 583KB]|
We believe the Reception Play Ideas from the Hamilton Trust fit our ways of working and may be of use for all our parents who prefer a more play based approach to their home learning.
|More Resources to help with a Flexible Approach|
|While many of the videos do relate to our weekly planning they all can be accessed as standalone lessons or support. There are also some stand alone challenge videos from our staff.|
|While many of the videos do relate to our weekly planning, they all can be accessed as standalone lessons or support.|
|Around the World|
|Resources Page for our Home Learning theme|
|These plans are written by school staff to include home learning ideas for each year group.|