Find the title of the video you need then just click on the arrow next to the description and the video will appear!
We have tested these videos on a wide range of up to date internet browsers. If you have any problems playing any of the videos
(1) try refreshing the page
(2) please check your internet browser has been updated recently
(3) please contact our website email address if you are still having issues playing videos and we will try to sort them out with / for you : firstname.lastname@example.org
updated 7th May
Handwriting isn't just about forming the letters correctly.
The children also need to develop the skills to enable them to hold a pencil correctly.
There are a wide range of activities that don't include a pencil that can help children develop a good pincer grip which in turn lead to a good pencil holding technique
- picking objects up with pegs
- sorting buttons or other small objects
- pushing pompoms into bottles
- threading pipe cleaners into colanders
- cutting with scissors
- squeezing oranges to make juice
- using a trigger spray bottle ( with child safe contents)
- pick up sticks games
- peeling tape off a surface