Videos for Children with Additional Needs ( SEN)
These videos have been selected for those children who are finding things most tricky at home.
For some of the children with the additional needs even the differentiated year group learning we are providing may be difficut for them to access at home .
This can be because the support levels available at home are not the same as the children have access to in school or because the lack of familiarity and routine can prevent these children accessing what they already know.
These videos contain familiar people and familiar learning that even if the individual child not know all it yet they will recognise some of it.
Find the title of the video you need then just click on the arrow next to the description and the video will appear!
We have tested these videos on a wide range of up to date internet browsers. If you have any problems playing any of the videos
(1) try refreshing the page
(2) please check your internet browser has been updated recently
(3) please contact our website email address if you are still having issues playing videos and we will try to sort them out with / for you : email@example.com
Last updated 19th June
Speech and Language
Handwriting isn't just about forming the letters correctly.
The children also need to develop the skills to enable them to hold a pencil correctly.
There are a wide range of activities that don't include a pencil that can help children develop a good pincer grip which in turn lead to a good pencil holding technique
- picking objects up with pegs
- sorting buttons or other small objects
- pushing pompoms into bottles
- threading pipe cleaners into colanders
- cutting with scissors
- squeezing oranges to make juice
- using a trigger spray bottle ( with child safe contents)
- pick up sticks games
- peeling tape off a surface
|SEN Video Curly Caterpillar Letter Shapes with Miss Jones||[mp4 16MB]|
|SEN Ladder letters with Miss Jones||[mp4 17MB]|