Handwriting isn't just about forming the letters correctly.
The children also need to develop the skills to enable them to hold a pencil correctly.
There are a wide range of activities that don't include a pencil that can help children develop a good pincer grip which in turn lead to a good pencil holding technique
- picking objects up with pegs
- sorting buttons or other small objects
- pushing pompoms into bottles
- threading pipe cleaners into colanders
- cutting with scissors
- squeezing oranges to make juice
- using a trigger spray bottle ( with child safe contents)
- pick up sticks games
- peeling tape off a surface
Find the title of the video you need then just click on the arrow next to the description and the video will appear!