Our very active School Council plays a vital role in the life of our school. It gives all our pupils an opportunity to express their views and to have a say in the decision making that affects their school and the learning environment.
The Council is made up of representatives from each of the Year One and Year Two classes. In the summer term they are joined by children from EYFS2
The Council meets weekly and the agenda is agreed upon by the class reps. Each rep then reports back to his or her class.
The children also know they can influence decisions beyond our school.Below you can find out about work they did about the neighbourhood plan for Torpoint.
- Members of the School Council are elected by the children in their class
- They listen to the views of their peers
- Each representative attends Council meetings on a weekly basis
- Work together to make our school a happy place for everyone
- Represent our class and school
- Report back to our class
- Be fair and honest