Mr Phillips and Mrs Clarke
'WOW' - Imagine I am an Engineer!
Last week we recieved a letter from magic wand and followed 'caution' arrows around the school, we followed them and they took us to the staffroom. We were surprised to find a safety instruction video to watch, we continued to follow the arrows to the 'workshop'. We discovered tools, engineer's blueprints and sketches and a range of resources to guide our learning. When we returned to the classroom we thought of questions to plan our learning;
* Who invented the first bridge?
* How do ships float?
* What materials are cars made of?
* How fast is the fastest aeroplane?
* When was the first bullet train built?
This term we are becoming engineers, we will be...
- English- writing a story using exciting vocabulary and a range of sentence structures
- Maths- using reasoning when solving a range of calculations
- Geography- naming and locating capital cities of the UK
- Science- testing and categorising materials
- PE- coreogrpahing and rehearsing a range of dances
- History- learning about the history of the Tamar Crossings